Monday, September 29, 2008

Mooooooommmm!

I never thought I'd hear my own child call out my name as I have heard so many other children do to their mothers. But MoooooommmM! Or Mooooooom, with a raise and lowering of the voice. The first time was last year when I sent Samuel to school with a dress hat on the wrong day. The kids were excited to learn about his sombrero, at least. And I did it to him again just last week.

Samuel bikes to school and we follow behind & accompany. The other day we met him at the park behind school so the kids could play on the equiptment. Andrea needed a diaper change and since I am not big on diaper bags or purses I used the front pocket of Samuel's backpack to store the soiled diaper (only #1, by the way). Samuel came home from school the next day telling me how he went to check his bag for an afternoon snack only to pull out a dirty diaper. Oops, don't know how that one missed me!

No comments: